- What sign did God give Joshua that he would be victorious at the battle of Jericho? (vs. 1-2)
2. What do you find to be unusual about the battle plan? (vs. 4-5)
3. What actually caused the walls of Jericho to fall down? (vs. 20)
4. Why would God command them to blow the trumpets as they marched around the City?
5. What does "devoted to the Lord for destruction" mean? (vs. 17; see also Deut. 20:10-18)
6. What was to be saved from the city? (vs. 17, 19, and 22-23)
7. Does the curse at the end of the chapter seem necessary? (vs. 23; also see 1 Kings 16:34)
8. Is there an example for us to follow?
9. Is there an example of something for us to avoid?